Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo

Mountain Bike Riding, Trails, Guides, Endos and Photo's of Some of the Best Places to Ride in Ontario. "If it Ain't Fun - It Ain't Worth Doin'" "Hunter.S.Thompson"

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Heckler

This is a new blog about mountain biking in Ontario and Santa Cruz bicycles.

As the season approaches, the excitement looms. Soon we'll all be rippin' up the trails and enjoying springtime. I fully intend to spend more time on my favorite hobby as soon as this temperature breaks and spring starts to appear. I mean it's been a rather nasty winter, but the skiing has been good if not just a tad cold.....brrrrr

I own a Santa Cruz Heckler with all the trinkets and I can say this. The Heckler will not disappoint you. I loooove it. In fact it pretty much goes faster than I can and have crashed a few times. You must concentrate as you are usually goin' sooooo fast, over every kind or terrain that crashes are inevitable. I was getting a wash out problem on turns with the front, but solved it by putting a fat tire on the front. This solved the traction problem and created a slight hazard. Now it kicks up large sticks that can jam in the forks. It's happened 3 times and caused endos, but I can live with it. Anything for more traction. I'm hoping to find some new trails and crazy types to ride with this year. Sunday's?

I ride at Ravenshoe (live nearby) but I enjoy getting to ride Milton. I see you have to pay to ride the top now! They trails are actually better at the falls north of there, I find.

I used to ride with Doug and Shane but haven't heard of them lately. Shane rides Thin Blue Line unless he's mashed it and gotten something else.

So here's a toast to the upcoming season and a thanks to Silent Sports for selling me such a fine steed. It was worth every penny. Thanks Dan.

Pictures, links and podcasts to be posted here soon.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?